
After a very brief introduction to Inkscape and its complex language, here are some results:
(1) Blues1 (ABOVE RIGHT): Using the calligraphic tool to create ribbons that I can change the colour of the inside, stroke (ie the outline of the ribbon) and turn into solid shapes, create multiple layers and gradients and fill effects. I decided to use only blue, partly because I find it calming - and learning software is contraindicated for my calmness - and to experiment with a very limited palette.
(2) Sunshine (ABOVE LEFT): Using the Text tool to enter text, which can be formatted, stretched, contracted and made to flow into shapes or around curves and spirals. In this case it has been turned from an Object into a Path and the Node tool clicked. Individual and multiple nodes can be selected and stretched, moved and overlapped for interesting effects. If I had multiple objects and turned each into a Path I could use further items from the Path menu to cut out bits of shapes. In this case the text I used was SUNSHINE, which I then proceeded to completely obliterate.
(3) Stairway (BELOW RIGHT): Using the 3D Boxes tool, Node tool to stretch and alter the shape, Group to group several boxes and Clone to Replicate groups and I also changed opacity to get a translucent effect. All three of these images have been Exported to Bitmap, but this one does not seem to save quite as the drawing file did?!

No comments:
Post a Comment